Prepping really is a journey and as the title states we’re sharing ours with you. We’ve now reached the stage where we’re officially out of storage or at least proper storage in the house for all our prepper goodies. We’ve been talking about it for awhile but now it’s time for action – time to turn that dark junk filled basement into usable storage. Time to haul off the junk; time to sweep, clean, bleach and paint. Time to convert that old unused basement into a 1600 square foot prepper bunker that would make the doomsday folks jealous (not really). Aside from the furnace, water heater, washer and dryer the space has gone mostly unused except for junk we moved from a previous home – time to change all that. Time to get busy:
- Haul off the junk
- Sweep, clean and bleach EVERYTHING
- Paint it all top to bottom with easy to clean high gloss paint
- Replace old florescent lights with high efficiency LEDs
- Install dehumidifiers to keep it dry and prevent mold
- Add shelving and racks for storage
- Add additional ventilation
- Replace interior access door with steel
- Add window bars to exterior entrance
Can never have enough charcoal!
Making some progress on section 1.
Recently added a new dehumidifier to help keep everything cool and dry.
Will keep you posted as our project continues.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.